Being part of Avado means we can choose to study any of our programmes. In 'normal times' we also hosted regular 'Learning Days' (and these are subject to review now that we work in a more 'hybrid' way.) We have an incredible amount of expertise and talent across the business, so we want to spend time sharing, learning from each other, and celebrating it - we're currently working out how best to do this in the new world of work.
Our learning philosophy is simple: Our Value of Empowerment, alongside our belief that each and every Avado person is on a unique developmental trajectory, according to our own individual needs and desires, have led us to:
- Get access to an executive-level coach, on-demand, through our partnership with Bravely.
- Have an opportunity to work in a more focused, programmatic coaching set up with a coach-in-training, through our partnership with the University of East London, Europe's leading institution for Positive Psychology and Coaching Psychology research and teaching.
- Either become a mentor for, or be mentored by, another Avado person.
- Attend periodically-run leadership development workshops, where we share cutting-edge research in leadership thinking. This is then something we can work on with our coach, to make sure we're really making the most out of our leadership learning experience.
Our purpose-built and always-evolving Hybrid Working Environment allows us to flex the place and time of our work. We invite anyone to work from anywhere within any of the countries we are legally permitted to employ people and where individuals have a legal right to work (UK, Singapore and Hong Kong.)
Generally our philosophy is simple. If you can and want to work in our collaboration space in White City, West London, you are invited to do so. This will typically be for those times you need to work in-person with colleagues, clients, learners or partners. We also invite you to work from your home - you will just need to show us that you are sufficiently set up at home in order for us to consider your application.
This flexibility allows us to make choices about how we work; typically, focused or confidential / sensitive work will be done at home, and collaborative / cooperative / coordinated work would be done in the office.
For us, healthy people create a healthy business.
On the mental health side, in addition to giving access to up to four structured counselling sessions with a qualified practitioner, we also try to make sure that work itself isn't taking a toll on our health or lives. We offer mindfulness practices on Mondays and Fridays to start and end the week in mindful bliss. (Oh, and because of Perkbox, we get free access to Aura, a leading Mindfulness app.)
We over-communicate to make sure people feel as connected to the business and each other as possible. We also all have full visibility of where the business is going, how we're performing, and the difference we're making. All of these attributes of our culture are proven to create positive mental health outcomes.
On the physical side, our partnership with Perkbox gives us access to a range of exercise and nutrition apps and other products.
Time off is very important in our business; we're all busy, we're all energised and we're all pursuing wonderful things. This can be tiring, especially when you layer on the complexities of our unique business and the ambiguity that is ever-present in the marketplace. So we are all strongly encouraged to make full use of our holiday entitlements:
- We get 25 days holiday, plus relevant public holidays wherever you are based;
- This increases to 26 days after 2 years' service, and to 27 days after 4 years' service;
- We get our birthday off every year;
- We can buy up to five additional holidays per year in January, subject to the salary sacrifice rules in place at the time.
We offer up to 3 months' paid 'maternity leave' for eligible people (subject to the relevant laws at the time) in the UK. Following this, the statutory rates will apply.
We are all able to participate in the UK Government's Bik2Work scheme, and at Avado that allows us to purchase a bicycle and equipment up to a limit of £2,500!
From discounted cinema tickets to discounts on our grocery shopping or personal technology, we've got it covered thanks to our partnership with Perkbox.
Career site by Teamtailor