Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager
Location: Hong Kong
Our mission at Avado is to support global organisations to drive real behavioural change at scale through the design and delivery of immersive, thought-provoking learning programmes.
Acting as a learning partner to our clients, we work with them to build the organisational-wide skills and critical capabilities (e.g. data, customer centricity, agility) that they require to thrive in a rapidly changing world. Our award-winning learning programmes, developed in collaboration with the likes of Google and Tableau (part of Salesforce), are curated from a mix of apprenticeships, professional qualifications, workshops and online modular learning.
Why we are looking to recruit:
Organisations are awakening to the important role that having a more agile, data literate, customer centric, digitally savvy workforce will play in capitalising on the opportunity that unfolds from the pandemic.
Since it’s inception in 2011, Avado has grown into a market leader. We are one of the largest digital apprenticeship provider in the UK, have an enviable client book of over 300 enterprises around the world (e.g. Colgate, Citi, AstraZeneca, Nestle, Shell, AIA, Dentsu and Vodafone) and have originated a number of innovative learning solutions such as Squared Online, Skills Ignition SG and FastFutures – two employability and digital skills programmes that have helped over thousands of people from diverse backgrounds to become work ready or prepare for the next stage of their careers.
But we are ambitious… We want to take Avado to the next level, profitably
scaling the business over the next 3-5 years internationally from our hubs in
the UK, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Who we need:
An ambitious, confident yet humble individual to lead the identification and acquisition of new enterprise Avado clients in our target market segments, using an insight-driven, consultative Challenger approach.
What you’ll do:
- Reporting indirectly to the Managing Director in Singapore, you will personally research, target and build relationships with key decision makers within our target clients in Hong Kong and across the region.
- You’ll leverage a humble style and approach to show those clients how Avado’s solutions support them in solving some of their biggest challenges of now and of the future.
- You’ll drive our tactical growth plan, setting yourself stretching sales objectives, and bringing insight for the business to refine and focus our impressive and ambitious strategic growth plan.
- Lead the preparation and delivery of bids / RFIs / RFPs and/or other tender responses which are bespoke to customers’ requirements and clearly articulating Avado’s proposition to meet those needs
- Prepare and deliver market-leading, customer-facing presentations and proposals
- Essentially, you’ll proactively convert all identified opportunities into initial sales before handing them to a growth-focused team to expand these opportunities.
- You’ll facilitate our sales process for new clients, whether that’s leveraging Executive Team members, subject matter experts from within the business, or teaching those clients insight.
What we’re looking for:
- You’ll have a good track record of B2B sales experience, selling to large corporates and multinationals.
- You’ll have experience in, and a passion for, insight/consultative/challenger-based selling.
- You’ll love working with people, love taking on big challenges, and be able to confidently articulate how the solutions you represent can meaningfully and tangibly solve clients problems.
- You’ll know how to use a CRM in a way that drives value.
- You’ll balance entrepreneurialism with a profitability-focused mindset and semi-structured ways of working (such as using the aforementioned CRM, which is Salesforce.)
- You’ll also have a relentless focus on execution, maintaining momentum, driving conversion, and ultimate results.
- You’ll possess a genuine growth mindset, love a bit of a hustle, and thrive on getting scrappy.
- You’ll need exceptionally strong organisational skills, outstanding communication capability and a high degree of commerciality.
- You’ll have a proven record of winning new business and achieving targets, in experience-based products.
- Fluent in English and Cantonese, Mandarin would be a bonus
What you’ll get:
- This is an opportunity to be part of an award-winning culture where our Values and Purpose are at the heart of what we do; we are the 2021Business Culture Awards winner in the Best Culture in a Crisis (<500 employees) category.
- A unique opportunity to develop and deepen the market awareness of the Avado brand in a professional learning industry estimated to be worth over $350 billion globally.
- An opportunity to be part of a business that has a positive social impact, giving people the opportunity to learn new skills at a time when many will be struggling to progress or find work.
- High level of business partnership with the Avado Executive team.
To give you a feel for our culture: Our Values of Accountability, Ambition, Care, Empowerment and Transparency were created for our people, by our people; they guide our thinking, decisions and actions, creating a truly unique place to work. You will also get a chance to be at the forefront of digital transformation and professional growth.
Our benefits include:
- A competitive salary and compensation package
- Holidays – 20 days plus public holidays, increasing by 1 day after 2 years and a further day after 4 years;
- An extra day off on or around your birthday;
- Medical & Hospitalisation insurance;
- Great work life balance, thanks to our intentional Hybrid Working Environment build;
- Virtual mindfulness activities on Mondays and Friday;
- Periodic access to a professional business / executive coach, enabling you to spend time thinking through and planning your personal growth and development;
Our benefits include:
- Holidays – 20 days plus public holidays, increasing by 1 day after 2 years and a further day after 4 years.
- A day off on or around your birthday
- Statutory insurance.
- Great work life balance through flexi working/remote working.
- Various opportunities to gain an immersive experience into the broad range of Avado products and proposition.
- Virtual mindfulness activities on Mondays and Friday.
- Periodic access to a professional business / executive coach, enabling you to spend time thinking through and planning your personal growth and development.
We are highly inclusive:
Avado is one of those rare places where anyone from anywhere with any background or experience is free to come and do their very best work. We believe in the diversity of thought, as that’s what helps us help our customers and learners – whether investing in their own development, or having their employer invest for them. We’re constantly looking for more ways to create a real sense of belonging for anyone joining our team, we believe in community spirit, and we work with our people on all the things the business can do to help this community thrive.