Title: Learning and Development Lead – Human Resources/ People Specialist Level 7
Location: UK Remote Working
Here at Avado, we believe in unlocking potential and changing lives. We are a professional academy that helps people and companies transform and grow through interactive learning experiences in data, finance, people, technology, and marketing. Our connected learning approach combines deep expertise, collaborative learning, scalable technology, and award-winning learning design to deliver learner experiences for people who want real change.
Who we need
Our Director of Apprenticeship Learning & Delivery, is looking for a proactive, passionate, confident, and engaging Learning Development Coach (LDC) to join our People Academy, working on our exciting Level 7 Senior People Professional Apprenticeship Standard, communicating effectively and professionally and build strong relationships with our learners and key stakeholders. You’ll be the lead coach in our flagship HR product, shaping an outstanding learner experience. You’ll be a natural coach with extensive industry experience, willing to focus on developing learners through their apprenticeships to a successful outcome at End point Assessment which will benefit our learners as individuals, their organisations, and go on to become influencers in the wider HR community.
What you’ll do
- Guide and support a caseload of learners throughout their journey whilst they undertake an industry leading apprenticeship.
- Support each learner to progress effectively through their programme, benefiting in the short term, laying foundations for long term career success, and ensuring they successfully get through their ‘End Point Assessment’ (EPA)
- Provide group sessions for learners when needed to tutor on knowledge aspects of their apprenticeship
- Ensure the effective embedding of the L7 CIPD professional qualifications in learner journeys
- Support and prepare learners for their EPA, ensuring that all mandatory documentation is collated and stored ready for the submission of “Gateway”
- Interact regularly with all your learners utilising the technology tools we provide
- Use the learning platforms to ensure progress and evidence of learning is recorded accurately to ensure learner progression is captured, enabling accurate client reporting.
- Help in the selection process for learners coming on programme and achieve completer rates of above 90% of caseload of learners
- Use a coaching approach to help learners reflect and embed what they are learning in a way that makes a difference to them, their line manager, their teams, and their employer
- Working collaboratively with Heads of Learning, Quality & Curriculum Managers, and other Learning Delivery Managers to ensure our level 7 programme is and remains industry leading
- Get stuck in and become part of a busy and collaborative team.
- Build relationships with our clients and being ambassadors for Arch/AVADO
- Continuously embed safeguarding, prevent, British Values, English and maths throughout the apprenticeship
- Take part in events, workshops, training, learning days, meetings, and graduations
- Continuously coaching to the level expected of a Grade 1 Ofsted Provider- it’s one of our proudest achievements and you will part of the top 4% of all training providers.
What you’ll bring
- Level 7 HR qualification or higher
- MCIPD Level of professional Membership
- Minimum of 8 year’s industry experience in HR
- Applied knowledge of how HR works in organisations
- Teaching qualification L5 or higher
- Coaching qualification or coaching experience
- A willingness to drive the constant evolution of our product for maximum benefit to our learners
- Confident, clear, and constructive communication skills to build strong relationships.
- Strong organisational, time-management and administrational skills with the ability to successfully multi-task.
- High level of accuracy, attention to details and an ability to understand and maintain processes, reports, and systems.
- Decisive, adaptable, able to learn quickly use own initiative and an excellent team worker too
- An excellent command of written and spoken English and computer literacy.
- Some specialist knowledge of specific areas of HR would be desirable
- A real passion for learning and development (including continuous self-development!), demonstrating an interest in digital and on line learning.
- Strive to meet customer needs and deliver the highest level of customer service.
- Exceptionally high levels of motivation working both independently and as part of a team with a “can do” attitude
And… just for being here, we offer you a culture that’s created and nurtured by super smart people and underpinned by our Values. Our Values of Accountability, Ambition, Care, Empowerment and Transparency were created for our people, by our people; they guide our thinking, decisions and actions, creating a truly unique place to work. You will also get a chance to be at the forefront of digital transformation and professional growth, enviable workspaces, serious personal development opportunity and a few nice job-related and lifestyle perks.
What you’ll get:
Lots of benefits including:
- Holidays – 25 days plus bank public holidays, increasing by 1 day after 2 years and a further day after 4 years.
- A day off on or around your birthday, and a birthday gift of your choice.
- Discounts at 250+ retailers.
- Free coffee from Caffe Nero or a pastry from Greggs, weekly, as well as a free film to stream and heavily discounted cinema tickets.
- Cycle2Work scheme, even if work is predominantly at home!
- Statutory pension and life assurance.
- Great work life balance through flexi working/remote working.
- Various opportunities to gain an immersive experience into the broad range of Avado products and proposition.
- Virtual mindfulness activities on Mondays and Friday.
- Periodic access to a professional business / executive coach
- Curated personal development and learning tools, courtesy of Magpie (powered by Perkbox).
- Periodic opportunities to coach 16–18-year-olds from under-privileged schools in London, because of our partnership with Future Frontiers.
- Periodic opportunities to mentor learners on our FastFutures programme.
- Access to a virtual GP (Perkbox Medical), powered by DoctorCare Anywhere
And we’re highly inclusive….
Avado is one of those rare places where anyone from anywhere with any background or experience is free to come and do their very best work. We believe in the diversity of thought, as that’s what helps us help our customers and learners – whether investing in their own development, or having their employer invest for them. Equality, diversity and inclusion are values that are critical to our success; come and see for yourself.